A driver managed to escape unharmed from a rare fire caused by static electricity that engulfed her car in flames at a northern Israel gas station on Saturday. Police released a footage of the incident that occurred at the entrance to Kibbutz Ginosar.
Initial investigations have determined that while she was filling her car with gasoline, she transferred static electricity charges to the gas pump, which combined with fuel vapors resulted in a combustion. The driver managed to remove the fuel pump from her vehicle and flee the scene. Five firefighting teams were then called to battle the blaze.